Jedediah "Jed" Lawrence is Topanga's father and Rhiannon's (ex-)husband. He was introduced as a guitar-playing hippie who owned a bookstore. Later on his hippie clothing was replaced by more modern clothing and he pretty much left his wife for another woman.
- He sings at Cory's parents anniversary party in Rave On with Gordy and Reginald Fairfield.
- Shows up in State of the Unions with Rhiannon to talk about Cory and Topanga's wedding. He and Rhiannon do not get along, and they announce their plans to divorce.
- Cory journeys to Pittsburgh in For Love and Apartments to convince Jedediah to see his wife, but misunderstands the situation. He does not know that Rhiannon kicked out Jedidiah because he fell in love with another woman, Marie.
- Briefly appeared in No Such Thing As A Sure Thing to tell Topanga of the true nature of his separation from her mother. He was quickly kicked out.
- Gave Topanga away at her wedding to Cory in It's About Time
Jedediah's favorite TV show is Alf, and he hates Ally McBeal.
Jedidiah Lawrence is the only character to be portrayed by three different actors.
As Rhiannon's mother was born in the early 1940's, based on what Topanga said in No Guts, No Cory, Jedediah's parents were the ones who were engaged on December 7, 1941.