The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
William Daniels plays the role of George Feeny, teacher and mentor to everybody.
- Born March 31st, 1927 in Brooklyn, New York.
- As a child, took part in his family's traveling song and dance troupe called "The Daniels Family"
- Graduated from Northwestern University in 1949.
- Married to Bonnie Bartlett, another actor on Boy Meets World, on June 30, 1951.
- They have two children.
- Portrayed the title character in Captain Nice, a short-lived superhero sitcom on NBC in 1967 (this was Daniels' first regular television role).
- Played Dustin Hoffman's father in The Graduate in 1967.
- Played John Adams in 1776 in both the theater version (1969) and the film version (1972).
- Was nominated for a Tony for his portrayal of Adams in the theater version.
- Provided the voice of KITT in Knight Rider from 1982 to 1986.
- Appeared at Dr. Mark Craig in St. Elsewhere from 1982 to 1988.
- Won an Emmy for that role.
- Was the president of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) from 1998 to 2001.
- Currently resides in Studio City, California.
- Feeny said The Graduate was a good film in "Boy Meets Real World," and his dialogue with a scuba-diving Cory in "Kid Gloves" echoes lines from the movie.
- John Adams High may be a reference to Daniels' time spent portraying John Adams in 1776.
- Daniels once said his least favorite role was that of 1967's "Captain Nice", which was an unsuccessful attempt by NBC to capitalize on the success of ABC's smash hit series Batman (1966-68).
- Daniels reprised the role of KITT on multiple occasions, including the 1991 TV movie Knight Rider 2000 and in two episodes of The Simpsons (1998, 2004); he also reprised the role in 2008 when Mio Technologies released a limited edition Knight Rider GPS system that featured Daniels' voice giving directional information.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.